Saturday, June 5, 2010

September 18, 2009 to June 9, 2010

This past year has been quite the roller coaster ride. I honestly never thought I would be who I am today, simply from being at college one year. I am currently a Junior and although life is kicking my ass and the quarter is over, I am thankful for this year here.

People come and go
in our lives.
Some people come
and stay for a while.
While some people come
and go quickly.
Life throws things
at you all the time.
You learn how
to handle it when
things come flying at you
at the speed of light.
You come to accept
things for what they are.
You come to realize
things may not be what
you think they are.
You come to terms
with things you did
not want to deal with.
You come to find things that are
enjoyable,
distasteful,
relaxing,
nerve racking,
comforting,
thought provoking,
explainable,
and unexplainable.
Life may give you something
and you have to learn
what to do with it.
You have to make light
out of the darkness.
You have to make peace
with the anger.
You have to tolerate
the drama all around.
You have to learn
how to deal
with what life
throws at you,
at any time of day
or night.
Don't lose who you are
because of something
that happened.
Make the best of it
and learn from it.
Learn how to handle
similar situations
and how to prevent
similar situations
from happening
in the future.
Life is one giant lesson on
how to live,
how to handle people,
how to handle situations,
how to handle drama,
how to be satisfied,
how to be happy,
how to have tolerance,
how to be peaceful,
how to be organized,
how to speak.
Life show you
who you are,
who you were,
who you want to be,
where you want to go
with your life.
A great friend once said
you are worth it,
you are not pathetic,
don't be in a bad mood silly...watch spongebob,
you get what you think you will get,
don't ever think you will just fail,
I don't like you not feelin good,
I care about you,
sometime somecome comes in your life and
you just feel like they deserve better,
don't worry so much,
when you are relaxed everything is better,
sadness doesn't have to affect you,
you have to know what is important,
you are not nobody,
no givin up.
Friends come and go.
Great friends come
and may go eventually,
but for the meantime
they are there for you
when it is needed most.
They care about you
and know when it would
be best for you to just
go to sleep.
If I could take anything
from this past year
I would take only
a few things with me.
Don't worry,
be happy.
Just relax,
everything will be fine.
Find what happy is for you.
You don't always have to do
something about it,
or have to get it,
just let it be.
Don't let people get to you.
And no giving up.
All of which
I owe a huge thank you
to a great friend who
has stuck by my side
most of this year.
Without that great friend
I am not sure if I would
have made it through this year.
But words could not
make sense of how
thankful I am
for their
openness,
willingness,
trust,
care,
help,
hugs,
and for them
just being themselves.
Thank you
so very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment