Friday, September 9, 2011

Impatient Me

I am sitting here at the kitchen table, having just eaten breakfast, chatting with my roommate and best friend Allison as she is getting ready to come back from being in Africa (Ghana, to be precise) for the past three weeks. It has been insane without her here. It is almost as though she left in the middle of summer and now that she is coming back, it is pretty much time for school to start; quite literally actually.

Although I am going to miss being lazy, staying up past midnight, and sleeping in til around noon, it will be nice to actually start classes, get back in shape, meet new people, and have fun. I love this time of year, quite possibly more than I love Christmas, Spring Break, and Easter. I love the beginning of every quarter with the new and exciting possibilities knowledge waiting to be obtained, just around the corner. And now, I am just going on and on about school, when I really don't need to because those that know me know how much I love school and all that it is. In fact, you are more likely to find me studying my textbooks during my "vacation" time than reading any actual book. Though I will say, I have read THREE actual books this summer.

I really do not remember when the last time I read an actual book was, aside from this just recent time.

Oh well, life goes on.

My best friend gets back on Sunday, and my oh my, I CANNOT WAIT!

Yes, I am fairly impatient but after three weeks, it only makes sense to be impatiently awaiting her return :)

Love yah, Schmalli!

No comments:

Post a Comment