I got her when she was a very young kitten, and pretty much was the one who raised her (out of my family and I). She grew up and was a very outdoorsy cat who was independent; very much as I am, I like to think. She definitely had her own way of doing things and if it wasn't the way she wanted it to be done, things could get ugly. And they have gotten ugly as they has bitten a couple of us a few times, and attacked me once (a memory I wish not to recall).
She's back in my lap again, as I write this post.
I went off to college and boy did she not like that. The house was with one less person she could call her own and cuddle with, at any given point in time. This past year, I was only home for about 3 weeks total as I only came home for Spring Break and then after school got out in June, and a couple days for this past Thanksgiving. All of the times when I came home, she was glad to see me and would not let me be out of her sight. OF COURSE, it took her a day to realize it was me but after that, she was attached to my hip.
and she is gone, thanks to Dad "screaming" for a study break for my sister ( it made no sense to me)
Now that I have been home for Thanksgiving a week ago or so, and now for about a month, she only leaves me alone when she is eating or outside (which is not often). It has been fairly interesting to see how much she has missed me and she doesn't want me to do anything or go anywhere without her. It almost makes me not want to go back to school; however, school is calling my name.
You know it means you are home and your cat is giving you lovin's when your computer is covered in cat hair; I'm not complaining though.
I am glad to be loved by her.
No comments:
Post a Comment