Sometimes it seems as though I get caught in thinking about certain things, and forget something simply complex:
you can't always think yourself out of a situation.
Lately, being home has given me ample time to think and process things, and try to start feeling my way back into humanity. What I mean by this is this:
I haven't exactly been the person I know I am capable of, nor one that God would want me to be. As hard and painful it is to say that and this, I know God has a plan for me and all I need to do is follow Him earnestly and wholeheartedly, every day. Being in a relationship with God, the Lord, takes time in the Word, prayer, community with others and most importantly, a desire to want to learn, to need to learn, to be totally immersed in all that God offers.
A friend once told me about how God has such awesome plans for everyone, and that He truly means it. They quoted "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future" Jeremiah 29:11. And while I did not believe that such was even possible when they told me this, I realize now, the power that God has in scripture if we truly believe it. Granted, I am no way perfect, nor ever will be no matter how much I want to be perfect, but I know and accept that God is WAY BIGGER and GREATER than I am and He really does have a plan for me. All He asks of me is this:
"How can a young person stay on the path of purity?
By living according to your word.
I seek you with all my heart;
do not let me stray from your commands.
I have hidden your word in my heart
that I might not sin against you.
Praise be to you, LORD;
teach me your decrees.
With my lips I recount
all the laws that come from your mouth.
I rejoice in following your statutes
as one rejoices in great riches.
I meditate on your precepts
and consider your ways.
I delight in your decrees;
I will not neglect your word."
Psalm 119: 9-16
Similarly, I need to seek with ALL my HEART:
"Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you," declares the LORD, "and will bring you back from captivity. I will gather you from all the nations and places where I have banished you," declares the LORD, " and will bring you back to the place from which I carries you into exile." Jeremiah 29:12-14
If God, the Lord Almighty has all the answers, then all I need to do is trust in Him, follow in His footsteps, read the Word, pray and wholeheartedly give my life to Him. After all, Jesus Christ did give His entire life up for my sins, and the least I can do, of all things, is live my life the way He calls us to live.
In order to plant, all I need is faith as small as a mustard seed and the strength that the Lord provides me so that I may grow.
No comments:
Post a Comment