Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Rubber Mats on the Bottom of the Tub

"We must develop and maintain the capacity to forgive.
He who is devoid of the power to forgive is devoid of the power to love.
There is some good in the worst of us and some evil in the best of us.
When we discover this, we are less prone to hate our enemies."
--Martin Luther King, Jr.--

Within this time of figuring things out, I have come to look back at the quotes that I have found worth remembering and/or noting; the above quote being one of them. I have come to realize that I must forgive myself and those who have hurt me and also make right of the things with which I have done wrong.

I must forgive myself for:
  • harming myself selfishly
  • not believing in myself due to my lacking in self-esteem and confidence
  • not believing that which others believe or say about me, that which is truthful
  • hurting those around me by my words and actions
  • and many other things
I need to keep moving forward, forgiving, so as to love those around me.


No comments:

Post a Comment